- jQueryUI Extensions - A collection of enhancements and customizations based on the jQuery UI Widget library.
- jQueryUI MultiSearch - A jQuery UI widget that enables building a list of multiple items using an autocomplete entry box without imposing specific HTML structure or CSS style rules
- jQueryUI Scrollable - A widget that enables monitoring, querying, or changing the scroll position of an element relative to a scrolling container
- Backbone.Fiber - Extends Backbone to enable building more modular applications. Integrates features of RequireJS to dynamically load components and provides more structure to reduce boilerplate code
- A Basic Demo Illustrating the Use of Backbone.Fiber - Using the RottenTomatoes Movie API as a datasource, this is small app with navigation, list, and filtering
- A Yeoman Generator for Backbone.Fiber Projects - Start a new project in seconds
- CSS3-Only Spinners - An experiment with CSS3 animations to see how well supported and consistently they work. It also gave me a chance to use Sass/Compass to simplify/reuse the style sheets.
Interesting Tests on my Sanbox
- jQuery UI Spinner Enhancements - I added alternative placement of the spin buttons, reviewed possible ways to force/validate certain entries, and combined a slider with the spinner to provide an accelerated way to move through large ranges.
- jQuery UI Range Datepicker - Normally, you'd use two pickers. I was interested in using one.
- Exploding DIVs - Leverage GreenSock's Animation library (TweenLite) and a little physics to smoothly produce this explosion effect.
- Cracked Glass Effect - Layer several HTML canvas elements over an image and use a variety of canvas API functions to create various different looks.
- Fireworks Effect - How fast can your browser render this CSS3 3D animation? After positioning several hundred DIVs in 3D space, use the GreenSock Animation library to manipulate the height/width of the elements which forces the browser to render the 3D elements. Right now, limited browser support and performance means that the non-3D version will have to do in the meantime.